Pumpkin season is here and it’s time to start planning your perfect pumpkin patch adventure. Whether you’re taking your kids to pick out the family jack-o-lantern or picking pumpkins to post the perfect Instagram photo with your friends, plan out your trip ahead of time with great photo-op tips and details on all the local farms offering pumpkin picking and more fun activities!
581 South Galena Rd.
Sunbury, OH 43074
Hours: Sept 17-Oct 30, 10am-6pm Saturdays and Sundays
Admission is $7, kids 2 and under free
Activities: Pumpkin picking, hayrides, pumpkin slide, corn pit, play barn with slide, farm animals, straw maze, pony rides, and a tomato gun
7437 Hyland Croy Rd.
Plain City, OH 43064
Hours: Month of October, Monday through Saturday 10am-6pm and Sunday 1pm-6pm
Admission is $6 per child (per day), kids 2 and under free
Activities: Straw maze, grain boxes, and giant air toys (Bugsy the caterpillar, a Balloon Typhoon, and a Haunted House maze) and more
8738 Marysville Rd
Ostrander OH 43061
Hours: Sept 23 through Oct 29, Saturday and Sunday 10am – 5pm
Kids 3-18 $12, Adults 19-54 $10, Kids 2 and under Free, Adults 55+ Complimentary
Activities: Combine slide, hayrides, farm animals, pumpkin jump, zip lines, straw barn forts and slides, pedal cars, mountain slides, tube time, banana bus, and corn boxes
2920 State Route 203
Radnor, OH 43066
Hours: Sept 23-Oct 29, 10am-7pm Saturday and Sunday, also open Friday Oct 13, 10am-7pm
Admission is $9 for guests ages 3-17, $6 for guests 18-59, and free for children under 3 as well as visitors over 59
Activities: Corn maze, play barn, legos, barnyard golf, tire pyramid, animal track maze, barrel rides, bounce house, bunnies, Indian camp, homestead stations, arrowhead hunting, farm animals, gear wall, composting, gift stop, giant sling, hayrides, bug table, jump pad and more
9393 Morse Rd SW,
Pataskala, OH 43062
Hours: September and October weekends (Fri/Sat/Sun 9am – 6pm) , weather permitting
Activities: Giant corn maze, market with homegrown apples, sweetcorn, amish grown vegetables, squash, pumpkins, U-pick apples and pumpkins, campfires, cowboy church, and more.
9015 London Groveport Rd
Grove City, OH 43123
Hours: Opens Sept 28, Monday-Sunday 9am-7pm
Admission is $10 per person and $4 per pumpkin. Group rates available if you call ahead
Activities: Straw cave, fun barn with slides, sun flower maze, petting animals
*Please check out the individual websites for more details or call each location directly with any questions on hours, pricing, activities, etc.
Plan ahead for your trip to ensure you get the perfect photo op in the pumpkin patch with your family.
- If you plan to take your DSLR, remember to charge your batteries the night before and grab your favorite lenses for outdoor shooting (mine is the standard 50mm but a zoom lens would be another great option, especially if your little ones run far).
- Diffuse lighting makes for spectacular photos so opt to go in the early morning, evening, or an overcast day to avoid direct sun which can wash out photos.
- Avoid backlit photos- make sure that the light is shining on your subject (and is coming from behind the photographer) rather than being behind your subject.
- Take props like a crate for a young child to sit on if needed.
- If you plan on using your pumpkin patch photos in a family calendar, card, or any printed photos, opt to coordinate the outfits of everyone in the photos. No need to go out and buy all new– work with what you have and pick colors that will go with an orange and brown (pumpkin field) backdrop like olive green, oatmeal, or a fun neutral flannel that gives your photo all the fall feels.
- And remember to relax, catch a great candid or two and enjoy the day!